One of the great things about loose pigments is their versatility: while using them on the lids is an obvious choice, many loose eyeshadows are also safe for use on the lips. Since I love the bold pigmentation I get from Shiro’s loose shadows, I couldn’t wait to buy a clear gloss (I found a perfect one from L’Oreal) and see how the colors looked on the lips.
What You’ll Need:
-Your face essentials (I used Benefit Porefessional Primer, Smashbox BB Cream, Maybelline Mineral Power Concealer, NYC Smooth Skin Pressed Powder, Anastasia Brow Wiz, and Urban Decay Primer Potion)
-A shimmery flesh tone shadow (I used Cover Girl Mink, which is a MAC All That Glitters dupe)
-A metallic copper (I used Maybelline Copper Craze)
-A matte bisque highlight shade (Urban Decay Righteous)
-Electric blue eyeliner (Urban Decay Radium)
-Black mascara (Kat Von D Immortal Lash)
-Peachy pink blush (MAC Pinch ‘O Peach)
-A LIP SAFE silver loose eyeshadow (Shiro Detective)
-Clear lip gloss (L’Oreal Le Gloss in Naturally Nude)
You will also need a stiff, flat paddle brush, a fluffy blending brush, a short, fluffy, domed shadow brush, a lip brush, and a short, stiff liner brush (to smudge your liner–this is optional).
1) After applying your face essentials, apply a shimmery flesh tone shadow all over the lid, up to the crease, and blend.
2) Apply a frosty bronze into the crease and blend.
3) Apply matte bisque shadow under the brow to highlight.
4) Apply electric blue liner to the upper lash line.
5) Curl your lashes, and apply black mascara.
6) Apply peachy pink blush to the apples of the cheeks, and blend upwards and outwards towards the temples.
7) Filter a small amount of silver shadow onto your mixing surface (I used the inside of the lid of the shadow).
8) Squeeze a pea-size amount of clear gloss onto your lip brush, and swirl the gloss into the powder. It might feel a bit thick, this is fine. Then apply the the shadow-gloss mix straight onto your lips. Mix together more powder and gloss as needed.
And that’s it, you’re done! Don’t you love when products go the extra mile? I love the highly metallic finish this shadow gave, and the bold, unusual color. I definitely feel more confidant rocking a strange lip, oddly, enough! What’s your favorite bold lip color beauties? What lip-safe shadow do you like to wear on the mouth? Let me know!